I am in the process of writing out my goals (practice what I preach!) and I am setting my theme for the year (better late than never.) My theme this year is “The Year of Development.” I decided on this theme because it was the word that kept coming to mind when I asked myself “What do I want to get out of this year?” It works well with the goals I have set forth for both career and family. 2007 was the “Year of Growth,” 2008 was the “Year of Nurturing,” and 2009 is the “Year of Development.” It is funny looking back how picking the theme in the beginning of the year really set the tone for the rest of the year. In 2007, after my theme was set, I changed my view on health and nutrition, subsequently became the healthiest I had been since high school and became pregnant in the first month of trying, cultivated an organic vegetable garden, and doubled my business in size and clients. This is just a few of the things that “grew” in 2007 including my belly! On New Year’s Eve I gave birth to Jacob and coined the new year of 2008 the “Year of Nurturing” for obvious reasons. That year, however breathed new life also to my business with the start up of this blog and becoming a social networking addict by joining Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and Flickr. (feel free to click through to see my accounts.) I also was dedicated to nurturing my referral reviews through LinkedIn, Wedding Wire, and MyFoxLA where I have over 100 reviews from past clients. All this has lead up to 2009 and the “Year of Development.” My goals now are (okay, here goes, I am officially putting it out there…)
1. Redesign my identity by April 1, 2009
2. Create brand new website by June 1, 2009
3. Book 30 weddings (remember, I am a boutique wedding photographer not a mass production one, so this is a big goal for me.)
4. Launch “Event Pros International” by May 1, 2009 (Identity, Website, Business Plan, DBA, etc. etc…) This one is also a biggie me and my business partner will take all the help we can get.
5. Get a few weddings published (I have yet to submit to any bridal magazines and I have resolved to do so this year!)
6. Win a few first place awards (I have yet to enter any WPPI competitions and I have resolved to do so this year!)
So, there they are in black and white. Now I have to make them happen!
Quote for the year: “Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon… it must inevitably come to pass.” – Paul J. Meyer